B.A.P VOTED BEST KOREA ACT AT 2014 MTV EMA
VOTING IS OPEN AT MTVEMA.COM
SINGAPORE, 23 OCTOBER 2014 – MTV has today revealed K-pop act B.A.P as the winner of Best Korea Act at the 2014 MTV EMA, one of the biggest global music events of the year that celebrates the hottest artists from around the world. The 2014 MTV EMA will broadcast live to MTV channels worldwide from the SSE Hydro in Glasgow on Sunday, 9 November at 9:00pm CET* (Monday, 10 November at 4:00am Singapore time).
B.A.P now has the opportunity to be voted into the prestigious Worldwide Act award category, the winner of which will be revealed during the 2014 MTV EMA in Glasgow. Cast your vote at mtvema.com to help B.A.P advance to the final round of Worldwide Act voting as one of 10 international Worldwide Act nominees.
· Voting for the nominations for the Worldwide Act category is open from today 6:00pm Singapore time, Thursday, 23 October and will close at 5:59pm Singapore time on Wednesday, 29 October. The final list of 10 Worldwide Act nominees will be revealed via mtvema.com on Thursday, 30 October.
· Global hip hop superstar Nicki Minaj is set to host the 2014 MTV EMA.
· British rock legend Ozzy Osbourne will be honoured with the Global Icon Award and will be in Glasgow to accept his award.
· Fans can vote now for their favourite artists across all other 2014 MTV EMA categories at mtvema.com. Voting closes on 8 November 2014 at 5:59pm Singapore time.
· For artwork, press assets and further information please visit press.mtvema.com.
The 2014 MTV EMA sponsored by essence, Europe’s No.1 cosmetics brand**, will air across MTV’s global network of more than 60 channels reaching nearly 700 million households around the world as well as through syndication. In addition, its convergent programming and content will reach the entire interactive community, via MTV’s more than 200 digital media properties around the world. The 2014 MTV EMA will broadcast on Sunday, November 9th at 9:00PM CET*/ Monday, 10 November at 4:00AM Singapore time from the SSE Hydro in Glasgow.
The MTV EMA – one of the biggest global music events of the year – recognizes artists from around the world and across genres, and brings together music fans everywhere for a one-of-a-kind experience in the weeks leading up to and at the show. Bruce Gillmer and Richard Godfrey are Executive Producers for the 2014 MTV EMA. The 2014 MTV EMA marks the first time that the show will be held in Glasgow, Scotland and has received support from Glasgow City Marketing Bureau and EventScotland. Follow @MTVEMA and check #MTVEMA on Twitter and find us on Instagram or Facebook.
*Check local listings.
**Euromonitor, IRI, Nielsen in units 2013
# # #
MTV is the world’s premier youth entertainment brand. With a global reach of more than a half-billion households, MTV is the cultural home of the millennial generation, music fans and artists, and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects and creates pop culture with its award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, online and mobile. Outside of the United States, MTV is part of Viacom International Media Networks, a division of Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. For more information about MTV in Asia, visit www.mtvasia.com.